[Pw_forum] frequency of NO molecule

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 6 16:34:41 CEST 2006

On 9/6/06, Clark Lee <jibiaoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes ! I want to know any methods for solving this problem too. Anyone know
> the answer?

well, you basically just have to do the displacement perturbation
only for the atoms you are interested in. i have done this with a
different code (CPMD), which cannot handle metals well for that
kind of calculations, but have a look at 'nat_todo' in Doc/INPUT_PH
looks quite similar to me.

if i am guessing wronge here, feel free to implement that feature
into the code (and submit it for inclusion into the next release).
it should be pretty straightforward...

cheers,
   axel.