[Pw_forum] URGENT

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 27 20:10:04 CEST 2006

Dear Amit,

the questions you ask very relevant, but part of the basic training in
this field - not something this mailing list is supposed to answer.

If you do not have a colleague or supervisor that can help, your best
bet at this stage is to read some the excellent books on the topic
(recent ones from Richard Martin, first and foremost, or Jorge
Kohanoff, or Efthimios Kaxiras, would be great starting point).

Equally well, you can take an entire class in modeling and simulation:
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Materials-Science-and-Engineering/3-320Spring-2005/CourseHome/index.htm

Best luck,

			nicola