[Pw_forum] help: phonon calculation of Ag

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Oct 24 10:05:12 CEST 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 16:57 , hailin yu wrote:

>    I have calculated the phonon dispersion of Ag and our results
> ( see the attach)

the attachment is empty. Please provide a URL (a pointer to a file on
a web site)
if you can, instead of sending attachments.

> along the [110] direction, there is a cross point (up two curves)
> in the literature,
> while our results have no such a point ( alougth it's seem too).

symmetry tells you whether two branches may cross or not. Otherwise,
you have to look close to the crossing point with a dense q-point grid.
There is no easy way to get a plot with correct crossing

Paolo