[Pw_forum] Compiling espresso-3.1.1 on AMD Athlon 4200/Linux-64

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sun Oct 22 20:17:37 CEST 2006

On Oct 21, 2006, at 23:33 , gryko at jsu.edu wrote:

>   1. I've got the CVS version.  The CVS version does not compile -
> it misses
>      a number of LAPACK subroutines for some reason

"some reason" is not a sufficient reason. Which routines are missing?
did you re-run "configure" ? you cannot re-use a make.sys file from a
previous version, it is slightly different

>   2. I deleted iotk directory form the tar version of espresso-3.1.1
>      and substituted iotk directory from the CVS version

it would have been easier to replace two lines, in my opinion

>   3. running configure and then make all produces executables.
>      There were a lot of errors due to incompatible types, like
> Real*8 and
>      complex*8

these should be irrelevant

>      from create_directory : error #4294967295
>      unable to create directory /home/gryko/tmp/silicon.save

unless it is a compiler bug, it is something going out of bounds

>   Any suggestions?

use 32-bit integers. There is no advantage in using 64-bit integers.

Paolo