[Pw_forum] constraint variable cell relaxation

cesards at msi.umn.edu cesards at msi.umn.edu
Fri Oct 20 23:29:28 CEST 2006

Dear Jess,

To the extent of my knowledge, constrained cell dynamics was never developed,
for either PR or Wentzcovitch lagrangians. Even if somebody did so,
Pwscf does not implement it.

With some programming you can do that in a non-formal way. At the end you
will
have to find a way to check for the validity of your results. Depending
on the constraint you will have also to allow symmetries to break.

Your,

Cesar R.S. da Silva.