[Pw_forum] Linking of pw.x reported wrong ElF class

Stan Toporek stant at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 18:04:40 CEST 2006

All,

Ok, I am the solaris 10 guinnea pig. I tried to do a make and got the following
error during linking:

ld: fatal: file pwscf.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to pw.x
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pw.x'
Current working directory /raid/espresso-3.1.1/PW
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pw'

Since this is the core program I think I have a problem. Now if I do a which on
ld  I get /usr/ucb/ld should I be using another linker this is the one
Sunstudio 11 appears to use.

Thanks,

Stan