[Pw_forum] Configure and Compile problems on Solaris 10

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Oct 3 16:54:28 CEST 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 16:38 , Stan Toporek wrote:

> I am using Sun's compilers (SunStudio 11) on Solaris 10.
> When I run configure I get the following problems:
>
> checking dependencies...
> fft_scalar.o : @MKL_DFT_TYPE@
> WARNING: dependencies not found in directory Modules
> directory clib : ok
> symrho_mag.o : @CHAR@
> WARNING: dependencies not found in directory PW

remove the line
    fft_scalar.o : @MKL_DFT_TYPE@
from Modules/make.depend; remove the line
    symrho_mag.o : @CHAR@
from PW/make.depend; compile

If you know enough about unix, please look into the script
"makedeps.sh" and try to figure out why it doesn't work on
Solaris 10 (it works on most machines) and how to make it work

Paolo