[Pw_forum] use doual core

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 22 16:34:33 CET 2006

On 11/22/06, Amin Babazadeh <babazade at gmail.com> wrote:
> dear users
> I use a computer with a dual core CPU.but my problem is that when i run a
> program only one of the CPU work but i like to share the work (solving k
> points) between cpus.
> I think that i should install the parallel pwscf but when i run the
> ./configure only single pwscf installed.

you have to install an MPI package (e.g. LAM/MPI, OpenMPI, MPICH)
first and then configure/compile quantum espresso with parallel support
as explained in the provided installation instructions.

please make sure that your MPI package is compatible with or compiled
for the fortran compiler you want to use to compiled quantum espresso with.
precompiled packages may be compiled for a different compiler and thus
need special flags or environment variables set to use the compiler of
your choice.

axel.