[Pw_forum] Running nscf without altering wfc and charge density files

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 6 21:00:53 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I am setting up a process where I will need to run several nscf calculations
for band energy values for arbitrary k-points using the wfc and charge
density from an initial scf calculation.  However, I want to insure that the
nscf runs do not write over the original wfc and charge density files so I
can do subsequent nscf calculations.  Is there a way to do this with pwscf?
Or do I need to keep a storage directory with the original results and copy
them over after every run?

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.