[Pw_forum] compilation in SGI

Andrea Ferretti ferretti.andrea at unimore.it
Wed May 24 13:57:38 CEST 2006

Hi Jose,

I think I found a similar problem on an old SGI O2 machine...
as it seems in your case, my trouble was related to the truncation of some
strings in the moduldep.sh script (in particular the variables $sources
and $sources_all in the lines with egrep)

I tried with some stupid fix (eg, doing the egrep file by file inside a
loop) , but found nothing interesting.... some more serious hacking is
needed :-), ie, those variables must be made actually shorter...

anyway,
if you only need to compile PW and PP it is much easier (the usual
"quick and dirty" way) to edit PP/make.depend  and substitute

pw_export.o : @iotk_module@

by

pw_export.o : ../iotk/src/iotk_module.o

it works fine for me...