[Pw_forum] read_file: problem reading .save files

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri May 12 19:32:59 CEST 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 18:11, Konstantin Kudin wrote:

>  Actually, I encountered the same issue too with one of the very
>  recent CVS versions (2 days ago).

very recent = 2 minutes ago, not 2 days ago

> things crash in these calls
>   CALL pw_readfile( 'reset', ierr )
>   CALL pw_readfile( 'dim',   ierr )
> even when the *.save directory itself is perfectly visible.

so it is a different problem from the one I was referring to (that occurs
when the .save directory is on a local filesystem, not visible to other
processors). What happens exactly and under which circumstances?

> > - you need to set wf_collect to .true. in order to save wavefunctions
> > into a single file
>
>  But then is post-processing smart enough to read the collected file
> and distribute it? I could not verify this due to crashes.

last time I tried it was

> > - [...] pseudopotentials are still read by every processor [...]
>
>  But these come from a separate pseudo-directory, do they not?

if you restart from the .save directory, they don't; they come from
the PP files saved in the restart directory

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it