[Pw_forum] parallel scaling in PWSCF

Nichols A. Romero naromero at gmail.com
Thu May 11 16:36:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

As I was digging through PWSCF and I noticed that in para.f90, the
maximum number of processors is coded to 128. But that there is a
switch that can be used to set the maximum to 2048.

-D__QK_USER__

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but is this safe. Will
the diagonalization routines on a gamma point calculation have issues
if one goes up to 256 or 512. I you had many k-points and
spin-polarization that wouldn't so much of an issue I think.

Any comments?