[Pw_forum] question on electron_dynamics and orthogonalization

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 29 00:45:15 CEST 2006

Nichols,

I'll let Paolo or Kostya or Ismaila confirm, but my guess is that once
electron-dynamics is "cg" you want a gram-schmidt orthogonalization.

We might implement an iterative ortho sometimes in the future, but I
believe at this stage gram-schmidt is the only choice.

Note that the latest CVS (2-3 days ago) has a number of calbec calls
removed, and should be faster.

We are still optimizing the code, but it should be fairly robust at this
stage - let us know of any feedback you might have.

					nicola