[Pw_forum] CVS compiling

PRASENJIT GHOSH prasenjit at jncasr.ac.in
Mon Mar 20 14:02:18 CET 2006

Dear Paolo,
On Mon, March 20, 2006 18:18, Paolo Giannozzi said:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 11:18, PRASENJIT GHOSH wrote:
>
>> while trying to compile PWScf, CVS version using an ifort compiler
>> (ver. 8.0) I got the following error:
>>
>> ../Modules/functionals.o(.text+0x125a): In function `funct_mp_xc_':
>> : undefined reference to `vwn_'
>>
>> [...]
>> Can someone please help me to sort this out.
>
> "vwn" is in flib/flib.a. Check if it is there. Start the procedure from
> the beginning ("make veryclean", "./configure", "make pw") and
> look for the first occurrence of an error (if any)
the flib.a file was not present in the flib directory. So I copied flib.a
(it has 'vwn') from the older version (2.1.5) and recompiled from the very
beginning. But still it gives the same error. Is the flib.a of version
2.1.5 not compatible with the one for CVS version? What should I do now?

Regards
Prasenjit.

PRASENJIT GHOSH,
Ph. D STUDENT,