[Pw_forum] Calculating Hubbard U

Matteo Cococcioni matteoc at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 2 15:28:44 CET 2006

Dear Henning,

you are right: if you set Hubbard_U and Hubbard_alpha exactly to 0 the
code won't print the occupations and if lda_plus_u = .true. it stops with
the error message you report. Maybe this should be changed but the way
around this is very easy and is exactly what you were suggesting. To
obtain the occupations printed on your output file (and to compute the
U) just set Hubbard_U to very small values (1.d-10 is on the very safe
side but you could use even smaller values if you prefer: it only needs to
be non zero). I hope this helps.

Matteo