[Pw_forum] about nonlinear core-correction for pseudopotentials

sun jason jasonsun98 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 17:34:07 CEST 2006

Dear all,

1) on the pwscf website, why all the ultrasoft pseudopotentials with GGA
for boron are all include nonlinear core-correction, while this correction
is not considered for carbon and nitrogen ? Is that means this correction
is very important for boron but not for carbon and nitrogen ?

2) Is there any relation between PBE exchange-correlation ? I find the LDA
norm-conserving PPs are not include NLCC.

3) I will very appreciate anyone who would send me a GGA pseudopotential
without nonlinear core-correction for boron. I want to exemplify the
changes induced by this approximation.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Jian SUN
Physics Dept. of Nanjing University
National Lab. of Solid State Microstructures
22 Hankou Road, Gulou District
Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
210093
China