[Pw_forum] About full Fully-Relativistic Calculation of GaAs

Fengjie Ma fengjie.ma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 14:58:15 CEST 2006

Dear all:
   When I use espresso-3.1 to generate full relativistic pseudopotentials of
Ga and As, I find some problems:
      1.  I choose nlcc=.False., and get the pseudopotentials of Ga and
As.  However, when I use them to calculate the band structure of GaAs,
           I find that I must write both  lspinorb=.true. and
noncolin=.true. in the input file. If not, the band split at Gamma point
will not appear. Why?
      2.  Use the pseudopotntials, whether choose  nlcc=.true. or not,  the
gap between valence band and conduct band becomes only 0.6 eV.
           I know that should be 1.4eV in GaAs, Why?
      ( I also re-calculate with changing the matching radius, but get the
same problems)

   Could anyone tell me, is there any critical mistakes  and how should I
solve this problem?

   Thank you in advance,
    Ma Fengjie

 &input
   title='As',
   zed=33.,
   rel=2,
   rlderiv=2.50,
   eminld=-4.0,
   emaxld=4.0,
   deld=0.02,
   nld=5,
   iswitch=3,
   config='[Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3 4d-1'
   dft='LDA',
 &
 &inputp
   pseudotype=2,
   lloc=2,
   nlcc =.true.,
   file_pseudopw='Asrel.RRKJ3',
 &
5
4S  1  0  2.00  0.00  2.20  2.20  0.50
4P  2  1  2.00  0.00  2.20  2.20  0.50
4P  2  1  1.00  0.00  2.20  2.20  1.50
4D  3  2  0.00  0.05  2.30  2.30  1.50
4D  3  2  0.00  0.05  2.30  2.30  2.50
 &input
   title='Ga',
   zed=31.,
   rel=2,
   rlderiv=2.50,
   eminld=-4.0,
   emaxld=4.0,
   deld=0.02,
   nld=5,
   iswitch=3,
   config='[Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p0.33 4p0.67 4d-1'
   dft='LDA',
 &
 &inputp
   pseudotype=2,