[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Jun 19 17:12:50 CEST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 15:18, robert at oeffner.net wrote:

> (although a few warnings about REAL(8)/COMPLEX(8) inconsistencies
> are issued by the compiler).

they are irrelevant. See:
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2006-June/004300.html

> When I try running a few examples they fail as follows

all of them, or do some examples work?

>      from readpp : error #         3
>      file /c/Users/Oeffner/Tmp/espresso-3.1/pseudo/Si.vbc.UPF not found

> But on my system the Si.vbc.UPF is present as evident from the
> following command:

> $ ls $PSEUDO_DIR/Si.vbc.UPF
> /c/Users/Oeffner/Tmp/espresso-3.1/pseudo/Si.vbc.UPF

the file opening that fails is performed in  PW/readin.f90.
Try to yield the same command with "shell" or whatever executes
an OS command from fortran to verify that the code "sees" the file.
Experiment a bit with the part of the code that opens a file.
Opening a file will request a translation of file names from unix
style to Windows style; maybe there are restrictions on file names
(length, format, whatever)

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it