[Pw_forum] Re: Diagnoses for two pw.x error messages

Steven Kirk Steven.Kirk at hv.se
Fri Jun 16 16:42:33 CEST 2006

 >From: Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it>
 >To: pw_forum at pwscf.org
 >Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Diagnoses for two pw.x error messages
 >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:30:05 +0200
 >
 >On Thursday 15 June 2006 16:19, Steven Kirk wrote:
 >
 >> > from  cfft3d  : error #         1
 >> > no scalar fft driver specified
 >
 >buggy preprocessor (ifort 9?), or missing preprocessing options:
 >there should be one among those appearing in Modules/fft_scalar.f90

OK, tracked down and fixed, thanks!

 >> >       from data_structure : error #         1
 >> >       number of sticks 0
 >
 >too many processors for the size of the system

I get this error message even when running on 1,2 and 4 processors using
MPI, running a calculation on a 120-atom unit cell.

Can you suggest at a deeper level what might be causing the code to make
this judgement, and could I force it to go ahead anyway ?

Many thanks in advance,
Steve Kirk

--
Dr. Steven R. Kirk           <Steven.Kirk at hv.se, S.R.Kirk at physics.org>
Dept. of Technology, Mathematics & Computer Science  (P)+46 520 223215