[Pw_forum] about total magnetization convergence

aarti srirangarajan ssaarti at jncasr.ac.in
Thu Jun 15 07:59:56 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am doing a spin polarised slab calculation with vacuum layers for Ni.
I have a problem here with the total magnetization values. I hv performed
calculations with 7 7 1 , 9 9 1 and 11 11 1 and 13 13 1 k-point meshes for
various surfaces  and
the total magnetisation changes very erratically. The values are not
converging. Although the Final energies are converging very well.
Also the difference b/w the Total and abs. magnetisation is of the order
of 2 bohrs. Could anyone help me with this?

thank you
Aarti