[Pw_forum] ads et al

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Jun 14 08:35:39 CEST 2006

I would not object, but I kind of remember that somebody did, when I
made a similar proposal in the past. I think that the concern was
that somebode could abuse of this possibility. I would not mind
giving a try ...

S.

On Jun 14, 2006, at 2:32 AM, Nicola Marzari wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Is it appropriate to post on this list news that are not related
> to PWSCF/CP, but are relevant to the community ?
>
> My suggestion would be that it could be useful to post notices of
> electronic-structure schools, especially if Espresso related,
> and open positions, again if Espresso related.
>
> In order to test this theory, I attach a few notes below.
>
> 			nicola
>

> ----
> Bangalore Summer School on "Electronic Structure Methods and their
> Applications" in conjunction with Conference on Computational
> Materials
> Theory: http://www.jncasr.ac.in/smr1783/
> ----
> 2006 Summer School on Computational Materials Science
> Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics Simulation Methods in Chemistry:
> http://www.mcc.uiuc.edu/summerschool/2006/ (Please note that
> the Espresso program has not been uploaded yet, but lecturers
> will include Stefano Baroni and Roberto Car)
> ----
> Postdoc position:
> Defect evolution and deformation in metastable alloys
>
> Applications are invited for one postdoctoral position in the MIT
> Department of Materials Science and Engineering.  This researcher will
> work with Profs. Sidney Yip, Nicola Marzari, and Krystyn Van Vliet as
> part of an interdisciplinary, international team that includes strong
> collaboration with industry partners. The focus of the project is
> multiscale computational modeling and simulation of metastable
> metallic
> alloys under extreme thermal and mechanical environments. The
> objective
> is to identify mechanisms of crystalline defect evolution and
> consequences toward mechanical deformation. Funding of
> this position is for an initial period of 2 years. Demonstrated
> experience in scientific programming and the application of ab
> initio /
> DFT methods for solid state systems is mandatory; experience with
> kinetic Monte Carlo and molecular/dislocation dynamics is
> preferred. The
> position is open immediately with a mutually agreed starting date.
> Requests for further information and applications (CV, two
> recommenders'
> contact information, and one representative publication) should be
> sent
> to Prof. Krystyn J. Van Vliet, Department of Materials Science and
> Engineering, MIT; E-mail:krystyn at mit.edu

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)