[Pw_forum] Dynamic Temperature Control and Select Stationary Ions.

Yonas Abraham yonasb at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 22:38:59 CEST 2006

Dear Tim,

In CP (QE >= 3), there is a way to change temperature
on the fly  during the MD simulation. look at
Doc/AUTOPILOT file on how to  use it. In fact, it will
let you change up to 10 CP (like dt, isave, iprint
etc)  variables on the fly. in addition, you can even
PAUSE the simulation while you are deciding what value
to use!

but the current AUTOPILOT implementation doesn't allow
you to fix certain atoms on the fly. But if you are
serious, you can extend AUTOPILOT to do so.

But I don't know if there is such thing on pw.x.

/yonas

(http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/research/marx/cprev.en.html)