[Pw_forum] Dynamic Temperature Control and Select Stationary Ions.

Tim Teatro timtro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 08:04:22 CEST 2006

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your reply. I am working on large clusters, so
calculation time is not a problem. Unfortunately I will not have
access to cp.x for a few days because the computer cluster on which I
was able to compile it is down. Therefore, I will need to use pw.x for
now.

Could you give me a list of input parameters I would need for changing
the temperature during a MD simulation, and for holding a few specific
ions still while others are able to move? It seems I can only find
references to temperature rescaling and the Nose thermostat, which
require the temperature to be specified ahead of time. And of course I
can turn the ion dynamics off easily enough, but not for certain
atoms.

If you have any examples, this would be great too.

Thanks again.

Cheers.