[Pw_forum] Re: How to determine the thickness in surface phonons calculation?

英利 牛 niuyingli at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jul 25 08:42:37 CEST 2006

Prof Nicola,
  Thank you! Thank you very much!!!
  And thanks a lot for Dr.Claudia Bungaro's PhD paper.
  Now I kown how to insert the bulk constants in to
the slab.
  One more question, I want to calculate the el-ph
interaction of a metal surface next step. If I use a
normal method in pwscf, I will get interaction between
all phonons(surface+resonance+bulk) and all
electrons(surface+resonance+bulk).If I want to analyse
the el-ph interaction at surface, should I selected
the surface phonons and surface electrons out? Does it
means that I should modify the pwscf source files? May
I specify the phonon mode of some special q point,
then calculate the lamda(q,v) with the surface
electrons?
  Are there any articles about these?
Thanks
Best regards