[Pw_forum] calculating the stress tensor

Scandolo Sandro scandolo at ictp.it
Thu Jul 13 13:37:47 CEST 2006

A number of useful formulae can be found in Paolo Focher's thesis (1994)
(dowloadable from http://www.sissa.it/cm/phd.php ), as well as in a
subsequent publication:

Paolo Focher and Guido L. Chiarotti
Ab-initio Molecular Dynamics simulations of structural phase transitions
in ``Progress in Computational Physics of Matter'', eds. L. Reatto and F.
Manghi, p. 1-42, World Scientific, Singapore, (1995).

(I can fax you the relevant pages of the latter when I'm back to Trieste,
late August).

Best regards,
Sandro