[Pw_forum] PGI Compiler problem while configuring Parallel Environment

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 5 18:40:20 CEST 2006

On 7/5/06, Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera <gtg166n at mail.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Dear PWscf user:
>
> I am trying to compile Espresso-3.1 using the Portland Complier, PGI 5.1 in 64

are you sure, this is PGI 5.1? and not PGI 6.1?
the pgf90 compiler from anything by the latest PGI 6.1 releases
is know to have a lot of problems with many scientific fortran95
codes (and fortran77, too). if you are still using 5.1, i recommend
an upgrade (if possible try a non-PGI compiler, too).

ciao,
    axel.