[Pw_forum] PGI Compiler problem while configuring Parallel Environment

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jul 5 18:35:11 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 18:12, Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera wrote:

> PGF90-S-0034-Syntax error at or near identifier iotk_str_clean
> (iotk_str_interf.F90: 346)
> PGF90-S-0310-Missing ENDINTERFACE statement  (iotk_str_interf.F90: 348)

go to line 346-348 of the mentioned file (in iotk/src/) and verify if the
statement there is correct fortran or not. If it is not, there might be a
problem with the preprocessing. If it is, there is likely a bug in your
version of the compiler.

Unless you find a workaround or a patch for the compiler, there isn't
much you can do other then getting a compiler from the (small indeed)
subspace of working compilers. Given the frequency of complaints with
PGI, it looks like it belongs to an orthogonal subspace

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi             Phone:   +39/050-509876
DEMOCRITOS and SNS          Fax:     +39/050-563513