[Pw_forum] PGI Compiler problem while configuring Parallel Environment

Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera gtg166n at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 5 18:12:04 CEST 2006

Dear PWscf user:

I am trying to compile Espresso-3.1 using the Portland Complier, PGI 5.1 in 64
bit mode. The cluster that I am trying to run it on has an x86-64 architecture
with AMD opteron CPUs. When I run the configure script it reads as follows:

=====================
The following libraries have been found:
  BLAS_LIBS= -lblas
  LAPACK_LIBS= -llapack
  FFT_LIBS= -lfftw
Please check if that is correct.

If any libraries are missing, you may specify a list of directories
to search and retry, as follows:
  ./configure LIBDIRS="list of directories, separated by spaces"

Parallel environment detected successfully.
Configured for compilation of parallel executables.
=====================

But, when I try the "make pw" command, it gave me the following error message:

=====================
PGF90-S-0034-Syntax error at or near identifier iotk_str_clean
(iotk_str_interf.F90: 346)
PGF90-S-0310-Missing ENDINTERFACE statement  (iotk_str_interf.F90: 348)
  0 inform,   0 warnings,   2 severes, 0 fatal for iotk_str_interf
make[2]: *** [iotk_str_interf.o] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/QE-31/espresso-3.1/iotk/src'
make[1]: *** [libiotk.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/QE-31/espresso-3.1/iotk'
make: *** [libiotk] Error 2
=====================

Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed? I have already checked the PWscf
list, and actually, I found the same problem being reported by Hai-Ping Lan on
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 under the subject title of "[Pw_forum] Compiling problem about
PGI"; but I could not find any answers for this problem.

Thanks for your help,
Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera

--
Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera