[Pw_forum] Re: [Pw_forum] »Ø¸´£º Re: [Pw_forum] negtive values for TA when using q2r.x

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 15:04:51 CET 2006

Hi Katalin,

I just suggested that an unstable mode near Gamma
point might be a result of incorrectly determined
dynamical matrix (and then unstable mode) at X point,
and consequently, force constants obtained by q2r.x
are also not correct.  I am not sure that you will be
able to get correct behavior of the phonon spectrum
(obtained using matdyn.x) with wrong interatomic force
constants. Are not you agree with this?

The ways how to try avoiding an unstable mode at X
point were done in my previous mail.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

--- Katalin Gaal-Nagy