[Pw_forum] parallel in q2r.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jan 4 18:33:31 CET 2006

On Sunday 01 January 2006 15:28, sun jason wrote:

> q2r.x will not work, the error message always says,
> [0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !
> [0] Aborting program!

this is the error message from MPI saying "I am crashing".
Run the code interactively and look at the error message
from the code itself. There is a quite long discussion in the
users' guide on problems with parallel execution.

> I try to compile q2r.f90 in sequential. but I failed. It seems
> that the q2r.f90 must be compiled into parallel.

the distribution can be compiled either for serial or for parallel
execution, but you cannot mix the two ways of compiling

> It seems that the example06 in espresso-3.0 is not updated.
> the input files for q2r.x and matdyn.x are not right.

they work for me

P.
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it