[Pw_forum] alkali metal pseudopotentials

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jan 4 12:49:38 CET 2006

> On Saturday 31 December 2005 23:15

wow, that's an alternative way of spending new year's eve:
writing about pseudopotentials on pw_forum

> Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> last time i checked, the FHI converter did not support NLCC

well...the converter reads the 'partial core charge', issues a
triumphant message 'Pseudopotential with NLCC successfully
read', writes down a guess of what the corresponding quantity
for the UPF format should be, but it is just a guess: nobody
knows whether th partial core charge in the FHI is rho(r),  or
4pi*rho(r), or 4pi/r^2 rho(r) ... apparently it isn't documented
anywhere. Anybody interested in experimenting?

By the way: I also heard reports that not all FHI pseudopotentials
are correctly converted, even in absence of core corrections,
because the radial grid isn't always what it is expected to be.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it