[Pw_forum] About neb and smd

Yosuke Kanai (ykanai@Princeton.EDU) ykanai at Princeton.EDU
Tue Jan 3 04:53:15 CET 2006

Hi  Huiqun Zhou
In regular implementation of these methods as in the present version of the code, it does not make sense to study the pressure-induced transition.
There was, however, an interesting and possibly useful paper about extending the NEB to the case of phase transtions (I believe) by Emily Carter in PNAS. I cannot remember the exact reference (Sorry, I am out of town and cannot check it for you) but very recent.
Yosuke