[Pw_forum] about kpoints.x

Aritz Leonardo swblelia at sw.ehu.es
Wed Feb 1 20:18:02 CET 2006

I understand that the explicit value of the weight is not important.
What really matters is the proportion of each point.

This is why I tried to compare the same grid obtained from an scf
calculation and from the program kpoints.x

The thing is that the obtained kpoints are different so there is no way
to compare weights. I use kpoints.x to create grids for phonon
calculations and I just wanted to assure that kpoints were correctly
chosen using kpoints.x (and specially its weights)

thank you again