[Pw_forum] compilation error

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Dec 12 15:25:27 CET 2006

Dear Srijan,

let me save the time of the many people that have already answered
many times similar questions in the past.

On Dec 12, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Srijan Kumar Saha wrote:

> make[1]: Entering directory `/home2/srijan/e3.2/Modules'
> ifort -O2 -tpp6 -assume byterecl -nomodule -fpp -D__INTEL -D__FFTW -
> D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW -I../include  -I./  -I../Modules  -I../iotk/
> src -I../PW  -I../PH  -I../CPV -c constraints_module.f90
> 0_6374
>
> fortcom: Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please
> in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be
> explicit cause of this error.
> in file (null), line 0, column 0
>
> compilation aborted for constraints_module.f90 (code 3)
> make[1]: *** [constraints_module.o] Error 3
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home2/srijan/e3.2/Modules'
> make: *** [mods] Error 2

This is a bug of the compiler, NOT of the code. A compiler is
supposed to compile an even wrong code, or else to report that the
code contains some errors. If it doesn't, it is the compiler that
does not work. Please, note that the "Software Problem Report" is a
service of the company (intel in this case) that distributes the
compiler. So, the first action to undertake is to report to them.

> What should I do to get rid of this error?

1) Browse the archive of this mailing list where this kind of
problems has been discussed several times.
2) Change the compiler and/or implement a workaround (if any have
been suggested that would fit your particolar case) accordingly.

Cheers - Stefano

>  With best regards,
>  Srijan

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)