[Pw_forum] problem with k-points

Amin Babazadeh babazade at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 15:11:40 CET 2006

Dear sanjeev

On 9 Dec 2006 04:44:31 -0000, Sanjeev Kumar Gupta <
sanjeev0302 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Respected sir,
>
> i am sanjeev gupta, from india, working DFT calculation via
> Quantum-Espresso-3.1.1. I have doubts with k-ponits,
> 1)How we choose k-points for diiferent system?

dis is done in espresso code automatically for scf and nscf but for plotting
band structure you should do it manually

 2)Is possible fermi energy negative for noble nitrides?

I thought it is possible.negative or positive Fermi energy doesn't have
physical meaning.

 3)Is neccessary same k-points for scf and nscf cycle or phX,phL and phG.?
> no you can change it.for scf and nscf.usually the kpoint for scf
> calculation is smaller than nscf.about phX,phL and phG i don't have any
> idea.

good luck
amin

 with regards