[Pw_forum] compilation error for CPV 3.2

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Dec 4 11:46:52 CET 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:32 , lan haiping wrote:

>  I have come to error when i compiled new version of espresso 3.2.
> My computer is X86-64, Redhat  with pgi 6.0 compilor and acml
> mathlib. There is no such problem when compiling order version.
> Would you please  give me some hints or suggestion ?

as explained no less than 1001 times, "Internal compiler error"
means, by definition, that there is a bug in the compiler. Since
PGI costs a lot of money, you should complain with PGI.
Standard suggestions in the users' guide include
- lowering optimization level
- installing all available patches
- trying to figure out which part of the code triggers the bug
and trying to modifying it
- using a different compiler that works on the architecture
of your machine (such as for instance Intel or g95)

Paolo
---