[Pw_forum] Problems running pwcond.x : error "problems with the linear system"

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Sun Aug 27 18:37:20 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

   I am running into the following error when I run pwcond.x with both
version 3.0 and version 3.1.1

   from transmit : error #       891
    problems with the linear system

   I am trying to run some transmission calculations on an infinite coaxial
nanowire system using pwcond.x  Based on example 12 that came with the
distribution, I assumed that I could take the pw calculation for the base
unit and then use this for the calculation for the open system using
ikind=1.  The nanowire consists of 14 atoms (two six atoms rings separated
by single layers with a central atom).  Any suggestions from people who have
used pwcond.x in the past would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Derek

The input file for pwcond is posted below:

&inputcond
 outdir='/scratch/derek/pwscf/pd_nanowire/coax_6_1/7.435_larger_unit_cell/ve
rsion_3.1.1_run/'
   prefixl='pd',
   prefixs='pd',
   tran_file='trans.coax61pd'