[Pw_forum] phonons

lan haiping lanhaiping at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 03:15:39 CEST 2006

Dear  Prof Nicola,

Thanks for your long suggestion.

I may not follow some of your words, would you please clarify  ?
 1,  How to relax the ions more ?
 2, I knew from most refs that ecutwfs  30 Ry for ultrasoft-PP is enough in
pw calculations , Is it right ? But i donot have much idear about ecutwfs in
ph calculations .  Would you please give me some refs of more detail
settings about PH calculations ?

I am trying to find more problems related to this wrong result following
your suggestion.
Thank you again, it really helps me much.

p.s.  It is nice for me listening  your lectures in Beijing , i really learn
much from your 3 lectures .

Regards,

Hai-Ping