[Pw_forum] error during compilatio

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Aug 16 09:29:47 CEST 2006

Matteo: you finally bought it! Is it a Mac Book, or a Mac Book Pro?
Not that I am any expert in this kind of issues, but it looks like
the old damn story of the number of underscores appended by compilers
to routine names. It usually only affects routines written in a
different language than the main program. This does not seem to be
the case here, but may be the loader is confused by the existence of
routines compiled with gcc _and_ fortran .?... You may want to try a
small program consisting of just one main program, one fortran
routine and, possibly, one c routine?
Take care - Stefano

On Aug 16, 2006, at 12:14 AM, Matteo Cococcioni wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to compile the code on a MacBook laptop (running Mac OS
> X but with
> an intel processor) and I'm experiencing some troubles. I'm using
> the intel
> compiler for Mac OS X (temporary licence) and here is what I did (aftr
> installing Xcode containing gcc and the command "make"):
>
> 1) since straight configure doesn't recognize the architecture I've
> used
> ./configure.old pc_ifc
>
> 2) I tried to adapt the obtained make.sys using as a model the
> make.sys that
> works fine on a regular linux pc. The result is attached to this
> email.
>
> I think I got pretty close to compile pwscf. But at the end it
> gives the
> following error:
>
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _errore_
> _ylmr2_
> _dylmr2_
> _simpson_
> _zgefa_
> _zgedi_
> _sph_bes_
> _sph_dbes_
> _erf_
> _flush_unit_
> _int_to_char_
> _invmat_
> _infomsg_
> .
> .
> .
> _iotk_write_dat_character1_0_
> _iotk_write_attr_integer1_0_
> _iotk_write_attr_integer1_1_
> _iotk_write_dat_logical1_0_
> _iotk_write_attr_integer1_2_
> _iotk_write_attr_real2_0_
> _iotk_write_dat_complex2_1_
> _iotk_scan_dat_complex2_1_
> make[1]: *** [pw.x] Error 1
> make: *** [pw] Error 2
>
> which I don't know how to solve. Does anybody have any idea/
> experience about it?
> Of course it's not urgent problem to solve, but maybe this could
> help having the
> make.sys for another kind of architecture.
> By the way: the compiler seems to be affected by an internal error
> which one
> finds trying to compile cp (make cp). But the issue with the
> compilation of pw
> seems to be unrelated to that.
>
> I would appreciate any help/suggestion/comment. Thank you.
>
> Matteo
> <make.sys>

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)