[Pw_forum] problems with running example

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 14 17:02:21 CEST 2006

辉 曹 wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> I installed the quantum-espresso 3.0 and tried to run some examples to
> test it. However, it did not work. The output files contain no
> content. The problem is that there is undefined symbol "
> _intel_fast_memset" with pw.x. What should I do ?

Dear Hui Cao,

here are some suggestions:

1) Do the previous versions compile ?
2) Does it work in serial ?
3) Does it work in parallel ?
4) Does it work with Atlas instead of MKL ?
5) Does it work with another software compiler ?

Often, it is too complicate for anyone to give advice on such
a generic question - we do not know which compilers you have installed,
which libraries, with processors, etc... And most of the problems
are obscure, complex to find out, and always dependent on an unusual
implementation of the above on the sepcific machine.

So, best luck...

				nicola