[Pw_forum] scan the lattice constant

Virginie Quequet virginie.quequet at polytechnique.fr
Fri Sep 9 09:14:57 CEST 2005

Dear Stefano

Are you sure, that, even for metal, the potential energy surfaces are
smooth when we use fixed number of PW's? Because some time ago, I have
problem of discontinuities with Ti and I try to impose fixed number of
PW's, but the discontinnuities did not disappeared. I have thought that
not good enough convergence in k-point was the reason, and that the
potential energy surface is perfectly smooth only in the limit of an
infinit number of k-point for metal. Is it wrong?

--
Virginie Quequet <virginie.quequet at polytechnique.fr>