[Pw_forum] Very long time of computation

Jun-jun Yang yang_jun-jun at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:54:43 CEST 2005

Thank you, Eyvaz.

I tried several different settings in accordence of your recommendation. Now
ecutwfc is decreased
to 30 Ryd and ecutrho is set to 140 Ryd. But if I set KPOINTS gamma, the
program will run into
an error:

Starting wfc are atomic
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
drom cdiaghg : error #    497
info =/= 0
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Stopping
2

If I set
KPOINTS automatic
1 1 1 0 0 0

the program can continue to run (start SCF calculation) although I don't
know if it can get correct
result. Each iteration costs 3-4 minutes and the estimated scf accuracy
seems not so good (from
<160 Ryd to < 2400 Ryd, then back to 320Ryd).

Why the two KPOINTS settings result in different consequences? What does
the error mean?

Regards,

Jun-jun