[Pw_forum] pp freezes

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Oct 3 15:10:10 CEST 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 10:57, Silviu Zilberman wrote:

> It works however for the parallel code when using just one processor.
> I think it fails somewhere in subroutine 'data_structure',

it actually fails there. The pp.x code cannot (yet) perform the
second step, i.e. writing to file in the required format for plotting,
on more than one processor. It needs to be fixed

> which is called from allocate_fft. Why do we need a second call
> to allocate_fft, it is already done once in the first part of pp.

it is already done only if you are executing the first part, i.e.
extracting the required quantity from data files. You may
however skip the first part and read the required quantity
from an intermediate file. This is useful in some circumstances.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it