[Pw_forum] too many test configurations

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Nov 24 18:21:30 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 17:19, Hande Ustunel wrote:

> I was wondering if there's anyone who could tell me why in the
> pseudopotential generation code, if iswitch=3 -- that is to say
> when I want to run an ae calculation, generate and test the
> pseudopotential all at the same time -- only one test configuration
> is allowed for each run.

"iswitch=3" means "generate a pseudopotential". The test that
is perfomed only verifies the correctness of the generation
procedure, not the transferability of the generated pseudopotential.
You can separately test for transferability, on as many test
configurations you want ("iswitch=2"; it should be the other way
round, iswitch=2 for generation and iswitch=3 for testing, since
one first generates and then tests, but it was written that way;
use the GUI if you find the meaning and syntax of input data hard
to remember)

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it