[Pw_forum] non-analytic term for q=0 missing

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Nov 4 17:39:11 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 22:51, Alcantara Ortigoza, Marisol wrote:

> I'm trying to run matdyn.x for a certain q-grid and, although I get
> the vectors and frequencies files (which look correctly) I get an
> error from matdyn.f90 (version 2.1.5) : 'non-analytic term for q=0
> missing!".

you get a message, not an error. Somebody complained that he
didn't get the LO-TO splitting in phonon dispersions, so I added
this message to warn that effective charges and dielectric tensor
were not found in the dynamical matrix file at q=0 and thus the
LO-TO splitting will be absent. Since nobody seems to read even
vaguely the users' guide, I'll write a more explicit message

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it