[Pw_forum] Re: Problems running PWscf in parallel - MPI_ALLreduce

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Tue Nov 1 20:18:49 CET 2005

Hi Sergey,

  Thanks for the suggestion.  It does appear to be a standard input issue.
I found that I could make a short batch file (pw.run) with a single run line

pw.x < in.file > out.file

and get mpirun to run through that with mpirun -np 1 pw.run.  The -inp
option also allows me to read in the input file.  Thanks for that tip.

However, when I move to calculations with more than one process, I am now
getting the following error:

MPI_Allreduce: invalid operation: Invalid argument (rank 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD)
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD): Call stack within LAM:
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - MPI_Allreduce()
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - main()
 -
One of the processes started by mpirun has exited with a nonzero exit
code.  This typically indicates that the process finished in error.
If your process did not finish in error, be sure to include a "return
0" or "exit(0)" in your C code before exiting the application.

PID 25962 failed on node n0 (192.168.198.104) with exit status 22.

I am using lam-mpi (7.1.1) and the intel fortran compilers (version 8.1).  I
dug through the espresso archive and it appears that this error has come up
before.  However, I didn't see a resolution to the problem listed.  Has
anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.
Scientific Computation Associate