[Pw_forum] A question about generating NC-pseudopotential for Fe

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Wed May 11 02:43:26 CEST 2005

Dear Xinjie,

maybe you could keep the 3s in the core, and have only the 3p in
valence. Then, you end up with a 14 e- psp with a s channel tuned
for the 4s; you could test this against the 16 e- ultrasoft
pseudopotentials from the pwscf database Fe.pbe-sp-van.UPF and
Fe.pbe-sp-van_mit.UPF (the latter one is tuned for ionic configurations
- i.e. Fe 2+ and 3+).

A very good test for accuracy are the energy splitting of the multiplets
- I'll send you a table of what we have obtained.

Best,

			nicola