[Pw_forum] Efficient parallelization

Sergey Lisenkov proffess at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 29 19:14:57 CEST 2005

Dear PWscf authors and users,

I want to use efficiently pwscf code during the run, i.g. to use both k-point and G-parallelizations (reduce memory and speed up, if possible).

For example, I have 4k-points and the next FFT mesh:

    FFT grid: ( 60,264,264)
 smooth grid: ( 44,192,192)

I see that for G-level I can use only 24 processors. I also can use this number of cpus for k-points:

mpirun -np 24 ./pw.x -npool -in file.inp

I see at output:

     Number of processors in use:      24
     K-points division:     npool  =    4
     R & G space division:  nprocp =    6

I see for k-points parallization everything is OK. But Is everything OK for G-parallelization?

Thanks,
  Sergey