[Pw_forum] Error in Diagnolization

Nitya Nath nitya at iitk.ac.in
Wed Mar 16 12:34:14 CET 2005

Dear PwScf Users,

I am getting this error while calculating band structure after scf with
convergence.

forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
pw.x               40000000005D8710  Unknown               Unknown
Unknown
pw.x               40000000005D8BF0  Unknown               Unknown
Unknown
pw.x               40000000005F4A40  Unknown               Unknown
Unknown
pw.x               400000000003C740  Unknown               Unknown
Unknown

I am using itanium machine with 8GB RAM and I have already tested
examples.I have also tested for Fe case with FM case. I am using
16 atoms in my unit cell. Could you please tell me possibility of error?

with best regards.
Nitya