[Pw_forum] Question on K-points and plotband.x

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 16:06:35 CET 2005

Hi,

Perhaps my mail is not direct answer to your
questions.
First, 30x30x30 k-mesh for scf calculations for HCP
lattice is very large, I guess. More likely, you have
very good computers.

Second, I never used (sorry to developers!!!)
plotband.x. For this purpose I use my own program
which can draw band  structure using scf and band
files produced by pw.x and additional information on
high symmetry  points. There is a script to get  final
PS-file using Gnuplot. No changes of scf and band
files are required for the program which is now
completely rewritten. If you like to try it I can send
it to you.

20 k-points: I suggest, just for test case. More
k-points should be used in order to get a reliable
band structure.

The last, no weight of k-point is used for  band
structute calculations. So, you can set equal weights
for all k-points.

Bests,
Eyvaz.